DUNGURIPALI COLLEGE (DEGREE), DUNGURIPALI
Department of Education, Dunguriapli College(Degree),Dunguripali offers 3 years degree course in Traditional System i.e. +3 Pass & Honours and CBCS ( Choised Based Credit System) . The Department has permanent government concurrence and permanent affiliation with Sambalpur University (Jyoti Vihar) , Burla ,Odisha. In the undergraduate level it has enrollment strength of 16 nos. of seats in +3 3rd year and 32 seats in 1st & 3rd Semester classes. Likewise, it has 128 seats in each of the pass classes.
Facualty Members :-
The Department is full-fledged with two faculty members :-
Evaluative Report of the Department
1 Name of the department:- Education
2 Year of Establishment:- 1991-92
3. Names of Programmes / Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.):- UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved:- NIL
5. Annual/ semester/choice based credit system (programme wise) :- UG (+3 Arts)-Annual , UG (+3 Arts)- CBCS
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments:- NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities, industries, foreign institutions, etc. :- NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons:- NIL
9. Number of Teaching posts
10. Faculty profile with name, qualification, designation, specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt. /Ph.D. / M. Phil. etc.,)
11. List of senior visiting faculty:-
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty:- NIL
13. Student -Teacher Ratio (programme wise):- 95:1
14. Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled:- NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with DSc/ D.Litt/ Ph.D/ MPhil / PG. :- MPhil
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from a) National b) International funding agencies and grants received:- NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST - FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, etc. and total grants received:- NIL
18. Research Centre /facility recognized by the University:- NIL
a) Publication per faculty :- NIL
* Number of papers published in peer reviewed journals (national / international) by faculty and students:- NIL
* Number of publications listed in International Database (For Eg: Web of Science, Scopus, Humanities International Complete, Dare Database - International Social Sciences Directory, EBSCO host, etc.)
∗ Monographs :- NIL
∗ Chapter in Books:- NIL
∗ Books Edited:- NIL
∗ Books with ISBN/ISSN numbers with details of publishers:- NIL
∗ Citation Index:- NIL
∗ SNIP:- NIL
∗ SJR:- NIL
∗ Impact factor:- NIL
∗ h-index:- NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated :- NIL
21. Faculty as members in:- NIL
a) National committees
b) International Committees
c) Editorial Boards
22. Student projects :-
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house
projects including inter departmental/programme:- NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in
organizations outside the institution i.e.in Research laboratories/Industry/ other agencies :- NIL
23. Awards / Recognitions received by faculty and students:-
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists / visitors to the department :-
· Dr. C R Tripathy, - Vice Chancellor
· Dr. N K Pradhan ,Lect. In Education,Womens college,Keonjhar
25. Seminars/ Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National :-
b) International :-
26. Student profile programme/course wise:- NA
27. Diversity of Students
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, SLET, GATE, Civil services, Defense services, etc.? :-
· One Ex-Student of our department named Mr. Binaya Kumar Bhoi has cleared NET last year.
29. Student progression
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library :- No departmental Library
b) Internet facilities for Staff & Students :-
· Yes, available in college.
c) Class rooms with ICT facility :- YES
d) Laboratories :- NO
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies:-
· All SC,ST & selected OBC students are receiving scholarship from the Govt.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures / workshops /seminar) with external experts:-
· Special talks, Seminars are organised regularly.
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:-
· Narration-cum-discussion method, experimental methos, Question Answer method.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities:-
35. SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans:-
Our department is full fledged with to qualify sincere teachers. Both of them have MPhil degree and one of them is pursuing PhD. . education subject is a popular subject here . Most of the students opt for education as their core subject. Almost 65% of honours student secure 1st class . One of them secured 3dr position in education honours in Sambalpur University.
As there is no demonstrator in the department making practical classes becomes strenuous .
There is huge potentiality in school educational sector. Employment opportunity is much more visible now a days. Thus education as a core subject at degree level promises more opportunities for the students.
There is a need to develop language and communication skill in English, because most of the students write their examination paper in Odia.
· To have a separate department office, so that we can keep the audio visual aids for practical classes.
· To organise state level seminar.
Disclaimer: This is the official Website of Dunguripali College, Dunguripali, District - Subarnapur.
Website Designed & Developed by Mr. Suresh Ku Meher, Rampur & Mr. Amit Kumar Pujari, Dunguripali