DUNGURIPALI COLLEGE(DEGREE), DUNGURIPALI
Department of History, Dunguriapli College(Degree),Dunguripali offers 3 years degree course in Traditional System i.e. +3 Pass & Honours and CBCS ( Choiced Based Credit System) . The Department has permanent government concurrence and permanent affiliation with Sambalpur University (Jyoti Vihar) , Burla ,Odisha. In the undergraduate level it has enrollment strength of 16 nos. of seats in +3 3rd year and 32 seats in 1st & 3rd Semester classes. Likewise, it has 128 seats in each of the pass classes.
Facualty Members :-
The Department is full-fledged with two faculty members :-
Both of them have more than 10-25 years of teaching experience and have specification in "TEXTILES AND WEAVERS OF WESTERN ODISHA", & "ARCHEOLOGY" respectively.
Evaluative Report of the Department
1 Name of the department:- History
2 Year of Establishment:- 1989-90
3. Names of Programmes / Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.):-
UG (+3 Arts)
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved:- NIL
5. Annual/ semester/choice based credit system (programme wise) :- UG (+3 Arts)-Annual , UG (+3 Arts)- CBCS
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments:- NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities, industries, foreign institutions, etc. :- NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons:- NIL
9. Number of Teaching posts
10. Faculty profile with name, qualification, designation, specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt. /Ph.D. / M. Phil. etc.,)
11. List of senior visiting faculty:-
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty:- NIL
13. Student -Teacher Ratio (programme wise):- 65:1
14. Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled:- NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with DSc/ D.Litt/ Ph.D/ MPhil / PG. :- MPhil-02
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from a) National b) International funding agencies and grants received:-
17. Departmental projects funded by DST - FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, etc. and total grants received:-
18. Research Centre /facility recognized by the University:- NO
a) Publication per faculty :-
* Number of papers published in peer reviewed journals (national / international) by faculty and students:-
I. 8 Nos of Articles published in various edited volumes, proceedings of OHC and ISSN journals.
II. Nearly 200 articles in Odia newspapers/Magazines.
III. A number of translated works on literature, feature articles and interviews of repute from Hindi & English to Odia have been published.
IV. A book title “POSTCARD RE PRASANGA” in odia authored by Mr. Kishore Chandra Meher .
* Number of publications listed in International Database (For Eg: Web of Science, Scopus, Humanities International Complete, Dare Database - International Social Sciences Directory, EBSCO host, etc.)
∗ Monographs :- NIL
∗ Chapter in Books:- NIL
∗ Books Edited:- NIL
∗ Books with ISBN/ISSN numbers with details of publishers:- NIL
∗ Citation Index:- NIL
∗ SNIP:- NIL
∗ SJR:- NIL
∗ Impact factor:- NIL
∗ h-index:- NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated :- NIL
21. Faculty as members in:-
a) National committees :-
Mr. Kishore Chandra Meher, Member in Indian History Congress , Orissa History Congress, Orissa research centre , South Indian History Congress.
b) International Committees
c) Editorial Boards
22. Student projects :-
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house
projects including inter departmental/programme:- NA
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in
organizations outside the institution i.e.in Research laboratories/Industry/ other agencies :- NA
23. Awards / Recognitions received by faculty and students:-
· Mr. Kishore Chandra Meher :- Samadrusti Samman(2008)
Koel Sahitya Sansara Award(2015)
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists / visitors to the department :-
25. Seminars/ Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National :-
b) International :-
26. Student profile programme/course wise:- NA
27. Diversity of Students
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, SLET, GATE, Civil services, Defense services, etc.? :-
29. Student progression
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library :- No departmental Library
b) Internet facilities for Staff & Students :-
Yes, available in college.
c) Class rooms with ICT facility :- YES
d) Laboratories :- NO
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies:-
· All SC,ST & selected OBC students are receiving scholarship from the Govt.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures / workshops /seminar) with external experts:-
· Departmental seminars are held.
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:-
· Group Discussion , question answer method.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities:-
35. SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans:-
Faculty have research performance . One faculty has good exposer on recent trend in social sciences teaching and research. He is also a member of many academic bodies both the faculty are pursuing PhD now .
Many bright students do not opt for history as core subject. Besides many of them urge to be taugh in Odia in stead of English. Students lack articulation skill too.
Now a days History has emerged as a major subject in social sciences. In competitive exams like UPSC, OAS ,etc questions on History are asked in maximum number. Hence we need to train the students accordingly .
It is a big challenge to motivate the students to study History. The challenge is to link the subject with the job market like tourism sector, law , media, etc.
· To organise more departmental seminars.
· To involves the students in the research on local History.
· To take the students on study tours to historical places.
· To form mini museum and plan is there to collect palm leaf menu scripts in the locality.
Disclaimer: This is the official Website of Dunguripali College, Dunguripali, District - Subarnapur.
Website Designed & Developed by Mr. Suresh Ku Meher, Rampur & Mr. Amit Kumar Pujari, Dunguripali