DUNGURIPALI COLLEGE (DEGREE), DUNGURIPALI
Department of Odia, Dunguriapli College(Degree),Dunguripali offers 3 years degree course in Traditional System i.e. +3 Pass & Honours and CBCS ( Choised Based Credit System) . The Department has permanent government concurrence and permanent affiliation with Sambalpur University (Jyoti Vihar) , Burla ,Odisha. In the undergraduate level it has enrollment strength of 16 nos. of seats in +3 3rd year and 32 seats in 1st & 3rd Semester classes. Likewise, it has 128 seats in each of the pass classes.
Facualty Members :-
The Department is full-fledged with two faculty members :-
Bothof them have more than 25-2 years of teaching experience and have specification in "KATHA SAHITYA ", & "FICTION" respectively.
Evaluative Report of the Department
1. Name of the department:- Odia
2. Year of Establishment:- 1989-90
3. Names of Programmes / Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.):-
UG (+3 Arts)
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved:- NIL
5. Annual/ semester/choice based credit system (programme wise) :- UG (+3 Arts)-Annual , UG (+3 Arts)- CBCS
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments:- NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities, industries, foreign institutions, etc. :- NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons:- NIL
9. Number of Teaching posts
10. Faculty profile with name, qualification, designation, specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt. /Ph.D. / M. Phil. etc.,)
11. List of senior visiting faculty:-
I. Dr. Babrubahana Mahapatra, Bijepur College.
II. Dr. Arun Nayak, APS College, Roth.
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty:- NIL
13. Student -Teacher Ratio (programme wise):- 269:1
14. Number of academic support staff (technical) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled:- NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with DSc/ D.Litt/ Ph.D/ MPhil / PG. :- PhD-01
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from a) National b) International funding agencies and grants received:-
17. Departmental projects funded by DST - FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, etc. and total grants received:-
18. Research Centre /facility recognized by the University:- NIL
a) Publication per faculty :-
Some articles in Odia and Koshli literature published in local magazines.
* Number of papers published in peer reviewed journals (national / international) by faculty and students:- NIL
* Number of publications listed in International Database (For Eg: Web of Science, Scopus, Humanities International Complete, Dare Database - International Social Sciences Directory, EBSCO host, etc.)
∗ Monographs :- NIL
∗ Chapter in Books:- NIL
∗ Books Edited:- NIL
∗ Books with ISBN/ISSN numbers with details of publishers:- NIL
∗ Citation Index:- NIL
∗ SNIP:- NIL
∗ SJR:- NIL
∗ Impact factor:- NIL
∗ h-index:- NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated :- NIL
21. Faculty as members in:- NIL
a) National committees
b) International Committees
c) Editorial Boards
22. Student projects :-
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house
projects including inter departmental/programme:- NA
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in
organizations outside the institution i.e.in Research laboratories/Industry/ other agencies :- NA
23. Awards / Recognitions received by faculty and students:- NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists / visitors to the department :-
25. Seminars/ Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National :-
b) International :-
26. Student profile programme/course wise:- NA
27. Diversity of Students
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, SLET, GATE, Civil services, Defense services, etc.? :- NIL
29. Student progression
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library :- No departmental Library
b) Internet facilities for Staff & Students :-
Both faculty and students use college library.
c) Class rooms with ICT facility :- YES
d) Laboratories :- NO
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies:-
· All SC,ST & selected OBC students are receiving scholarship from the Govt.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures / workshops /seminar) with external experts:-
· Seminars, special lecture are organised on regular intervals. The department organises debate among students on various current issues.
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning:-
· Group discussion Individual presentation participation in seminars are encouraged.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities:-
35. SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans:-
v STRENGTH:- The faculty in charge of the of department is an excellent scholar having a PhD. Degree besides this . The college library very rich in Odia literature.
v WEAKNESS:- The department does not have honours subject. Relatively students of low rank opt Odia as core subject. Since the students interact in local dialect its becomes difficult for them to write and speak in Odia opportunity.
v OPPORTUNITY:- In the meant time ,Odia has got the classical language status. Also the Govt. of Odisha plans to introduce Odia as official language. Hence Odia language will have better prospect in near future.
v CHALLENGES:- There is an urgent need to open honours in the department. Also recruitment of additional faculty is needed. In view of the forth coming changes in language mileu of the state, there is a need to bring about changes in the students mind-set. They need to be thought grammar, vocabulary and writing skill.
Disclaimer: This is the official Website of Dunguripali College, Dunguripali, District - Subarnapur.
Website Designed & Developed by Mr. Suresh Ku Meher, Rampur & Mr. Amit Kumar Pujari, Dunguripali